Guided Mountain Walk, Adults only.
Come and join us!!
Over recent months, we’ve all learnt the value of finding our own space and exploring new places. Knowing how to navigate using a map is a huge advantage in getting outdoors and adventuring.
But many of us feel nervous about getting off the beaten track, especially with the family in tow. Where can we go? What if we get lost? DofE was a long time ago, how can I remember those skills? How can I teach my kids these skills?
GoWildGoWest has partnered up with Tim from Adventurous Spirit to put together a programme of courses for those wanting to learn new, practical navigational skills.
Whether you’re a total beginner looking to learn how to read a map in order to plot your own adventures, or someone with previous experience wanting to brush up and learn some more advanced navigational skills, you’ll be very welcome on one of our courses.
Key things to know:
- We’re running separate courses for intermediate and beginner skill levels
- Choose from challenging mountain terrain, the gentler hills of the South West, or easier footpaths for the beginners.
- There are 4 navigational courses and 1 guided walk (a walk in the mountains without the learning!)
- Both adult-only and family sessions available
- The minimum age for our family beginner session is 8 because of the level of navigational detail, but I’ll be running a separate, lighter session for younger kids at a later date.
- Further information with kit list, exact meeting place and times will be sent out individually to confirmed attendees.
- All attendees will need to make their own travel arrangements.
- Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult
- Please take note of Ts & Cs before booking. Uncertainties around the pandemic makes things trickier than normal so we want to ensure that we are being flexible, safe, and responsible.
- Spaces are very scarce so book up whilst you can
- No dogs (sorry!)
We’ll be running 5 different courses in 2020. Please refer to the table below and individual event listings for more details on what each course entails and which will suit you best, or please feel free to contact me with any questions.
27th September – Guided Mountain Walk, Adults only.
Location: Black Mountains, Wales
Price: £25 per person
Sometimes there’s nothing better than a good walk in the mountains to clear your head, get active, and enjoy the amazing scenery. Many of us don’t get the chance to leave family, work, and other commitments behind and just head into the mountains for a hike so we’ve created the perfect opportunity here!
We’ll be leading a guided walk through the beautiful Black Mountains covering a fair distance, climbing a few peaks, enjoying some fantastic views, and having a good chat along the way.
Unlike the navigational courses, this won’t be about learning new skills, just getting away and enjoying a mountain walk. We’ll be guided by Tim from Adventurous Spirit who will plan the route.
The day will be for confident walkers given the trickier terrain. At the end of September we hope for good weather but conditions in the mountains are unpredictable so we’ll base the route around the weather conditions on the day. We’ll send out a full kit list with required clothing and kit prior to the day. Please bring your own packed lunch, snacks, and drinks.
We’ll meet in Crickhowell, Wales. Timings will be confirmed closer to the day but expect an early start.
Over 18s only.
Maximum group size 10
How to book onto this course:
Book via Eventbrite here.https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/116260188353
Please read the Ts & Cs before booking, especially around COVID-19. Walking will allow us to maintain social distancing but nobody can plan for what will happen in the future so we’ve tried to be as flexible as possible while acting safely and responsibly.
Please read our terms and conditions before booking