Guided Walk: Explore the Mendip Hills
Back in Spring!
Explore the Mendip Hills
The Mendips are incredible! Beautiful views, amazing nature reserves and some of the most impressive ancient woodland in the region. There are some really exciting footpaths running throughout the Mendips, but most remain so quiet you’d think they were secret!
This Autumn I’ll be guiding a walk through some of my favourite spots in the Mendip Hills.
Say farewell to the crazy weeks of the summer holidays and come and join us for a day of walking, talking, and finding head space outdoors.
This 16 (ish) mile route begins with a climb up to the Iron Age hill fort of Dolebury with views stretching out over the sea, towards North Devon and Wales. We then join the West Mendip Way for a time and follow this famous pathway along historic drove tracks and through beautiful nature reserves before climbing up to Beacon Batch, the highest point on the Mendips. The route then dips into Rowberrow woods before ending with a well-deserved pint at the Swan.
Expect off-road terrain, mud, hills, beautiful views, and a few random facts about the history of the Mendips (I’m a history geek at heart!).
This is moderate-hard level walk with hill climbs, uneven ground, and a long distance to cover. The route is really beautiful – one of my absolute favourites.
- Saturday, 25th September 2021
- Cost: £25
- Distance: approx. 16 miles
- Duration: 6 hours depending on pace
- Meeting Point: The Swan Inn at Rowberrow (details to be sent to attendees)
- Time: 7.45am to start walk at 8am
- A kit list will be sent in advance of walk. Water and packed lunch will be essential … and plenty of snacks!
- Due to duration this is an adult only walk. Sadly no dogs given livestock.
- Please download and read all terms and conditions before booking on the walk and familiarise yourself with the Countryside Code
Please review our Guided-Walk-Terms & Conditions
Please email Georgie directly to book your place – email@example.com
I will send you an invoice which is payable within 3 days to confirm your place
Find our recommendations for family-friendly walks near Bristol and Bath here.