Guided Walk: Chew Valley 3 Peak Challenge
Take a look at our new Guided walk in the Mendip Hills on the 26th September here: GWGW Explore the Mendip Hills
Or the Chew Valley 2 Peaks on the 9th October here:
GWGW Chew Valley 2 Peaks
Chew Valley 3 Peaks
The kids are back at school, better weather has arrived and Covid restrictions are gradually lifting – happy days! Now is the perfect time to get some adventures in the diary.
I’ll be running a couple of guided walks this Spring & Autumn. I’ll be staying local to my home patch of Somerset for now, but hope to open the programme up further afield soon.
Come and join us for a day of walking, talking, and finding head space outdoors.
This is a challenging 17 mile walk over the 3 peaks of the Chew Valley; Knowle Hill, Blackberry Hill and Maes Knoll. They may not match the heights of Snowdonia or the Lake District but the length of this walk and 3 separate hill climbs certainly add to the challenge. To review the route click here or check on your ordnance survey map (the walk is marked).
Expect off-road terrain, mud, hills, beautiful views, and a lovely tour of the lesser known areas of the Chew Valley. Group sizes are kept small.
This is a long walk and we will need to walk with pace. Some prior training is advisable if a winter’s lockdown has hit your fitness levels!
- Date: 9th July 2021
- Cost: £25
- Distance: 18 miles
- Duration : Roughly 8 hours depending on pace
- Meeting Point: Chew Magna (details to be sent to attendees)
- Time 7.45am to start walk at 8am
- Kit list will be sent in advance of walk. Water and packed lunch will be essential … and plenty of snacks!
- Due to duration this is an adult only walk. Sadly no dogs given livestock.
- Please download and read all terms and conditions before booking on the walk and familiarise yourself with the Countryside Code
Please email Georgie directly to book your place – email@example.com
Let me know which date you would like to join.
I’ll send you an invoice which is payable within 3 days to confirm your place