Guided Walk: Chew Valley 3 Peak Challenge
NEW DATES ANNOUNCED!
Friday, 9th July
Saturday, 25th September
- Friday 9th July
We’ll be meeting in Chew Magna at 7.45am and will return after school hours. Those will school kids will need to make alternative arrangements for the school run that day.
- Saturday 25th September
Chew Valley 3 Peaks
The kids are back at school, better weather has arrived and Covid restrictions are gradually lifting – happy days! Now is the perfect time to get some adventures in the diary.
I’ll be running a couple of guided walks this Spring & Autumn. I’ll be staying local to my home patch of Somerset for now, but hope to open the programme up further afield soon.
Come and join us for a day of walking, talking, and finding head space outdoors.
This is a challenging 17 mile walk over the 3 peaks of the Chew Valley; Knowle Hill, Blackberry Hill and Maes Knoll. They may not match the heights of Snowdonia or the Lake District but the length of this walk and 3 separate hill climbs certainly add to the challenge. To review the route click here or check on your ordnance survey map (the walk is marked).
Expect off-road terrain, mud, hills, beautiful views, and a lovely tour of the lesser known areas of the Chew Valley. Group sizes are kept small.
This is a long walk and we will need to walk with pace. Some prior training is advisable if a winter’s lockdown has hit your fitness levels!
- Date: 9th July 2021
- Date: 25th September
- Cost: £25
- Distance: 18 miles
- Duration : Roughly 8 hours depending on pace
- Meeting Point: Chew Magna (details to be sent to attendees)
- Time 7.45am to start walk at 8am
- Kit list will be sent in advance of walk. Water and packed lunch will be essential … and plenty of snacks!
- Due to duration this is an adult only walk. Sadly no dogs given livestock.
- Please download and read all terms and conditions before booking on the walk and familiarise yourself with the Countryside Code
Please email Georgie directly to book your place – firstname.lastname@example.org
Let me know which date you would like to join.
I’ll send you an invoice which is payable within 3 days to confirm your place