Welly wanging is an easy, fun and highly competitive outdoor family game! Transform a casual walk into a highly charged competition arena with wellies flying through the air…
Welly wanging makes for a perfect, easy-to-organise mini-adventure. It’s also a great distraction for children who get bored walking.
So, grab your wellies and get ready for some welly-throwing fun!
Find more wet weather activities at our shop.
Fun fact… the furthest recorded throw was in Finland in 1996 at 63.98m
How to Welly Wang:
The idea is simple.
- Select your ‘pitch’: a field or playing field is perfect.
Make sure there are no windows nearby as the wellies can fly in all directions (even backwards). We all know windows are easily smashed!
- Then take aim and hurl your welly as far forwards as possible. You can flick wellies from your ankle or chuck them with your hands – whatever works best.
- Leave wellies in their landing spot until all welly flingers have flung
- The person whos welly travels the greatest distance is the winner
*The contest comes with a risk of damp feet if the ground is wet, but the game is totally worth a soggy sock!
- Choose a playing pitch with plenty of space
- Some serious leg stretching exercises might help
- Spare socks might help if you’re far from home
- Serious competitors might like a measuring tape
Why not take the competition a little further and set up a welly wanging-fundraiser?